Our next trip to the Lot region was scheduled for the upcoming weekend (8-11 October), but we decided to cancel for a number of reasons…
- The whole team couldn’t participate
- Constraints around COVID are expected to get tighter in France, so the area might turn into a “red” zone for the Belgian government. We would all have to be quarantined and undergo a COVID test when we get back. And of course there is the higher risk of infection.
- The weather has been pretty bad lately, with a lot of rain. Most of the caves cannot be dived at the moment because of visibility and current. The coming days the situation might improve but that is very uncertain.
We therefor decided to delay the trip (NOT cancel) until next year. We expect to pinpoint a date soon!